NDVR Adventure Travel: Lucca, Tuscany Italy
Experience freedom on a bike in one of the best riding spots on the planet.
Premium luxury with the best bikes, food, people and riding routes Tuscany has to offer during the absolute best time of year with the changing leaves of autumn in the historic medieval city of Lucca.
Sunday, October 15 – Friday, October 20, 2017 – 6 days and 5 nights
Service Course Location:
Lucca, Tuscany Italy
Airport Arrival & Departure Location:
PSA – Pisa International Airport (Galileo Galilei)
One for One Mission for Change
We will donate a bike on each guest’s behalf for World Bike Relief to help empower change by mobilizing people through the Power of Bicycles.
What is included during your adventure?
- Airport transfers, pick up and drop off
- Luxury B&B accommodations within walled city of Lucca
- All breakfasts, lunch, and dinners upon arrival including wine*
- Pinarello carbon road bike with custom fitting
- 2 sets of custom Castelli kits
- 2 custom Camelbak podium ice water bottles
- Unofficial Mayor of Lucca is your host for your stay
- Local on the road guides that know every detail of the region
- Detailed cue sheets
- Follow support vehicle and photographer
- Daily massage therapist
- Cycling kit laundry
- Daily bike wash
- On bike fuel – mix, bars, gels, snacks
- Detailed pre-adventure training plan
Tell me about the riding:
Daily ride distance 60k to 100k with mix of flats, rolling and climbs based on group’s preferences.
Star Routing Logistics Model:
With the central location and single B&B you only have to unpack once and enjoy the riding, food, and gracious Tuscan people. The rides are scalable to be altered based on how you are feeling each day. If you need to shorten the route and ride in the follow car its an option, you are here to enjoy the adventure on your terms.
What do I need to bring?
- NDVR Alpha Bike (if you have one)
- Appetite for fun
- Single room supplement
- Non-riding partner option
- Travel insurance
- Passport and Visa service
- Cell phone rental
- Travel medical
- Travel agency for flights
- Trip extension advising
- Non-riding partner option
What does the week look like?
Arrival to PSA, transfer to Lucca, B&B check in, bike fitting, short break in ride
Daily ride distance 60k to 80k – mixed terrain with climb to Bagni Di Lucca in the Apuan Alps, rolling countryside roads
Puccini Museum Tour in Lucca
Daily ride distance 60k to 80k – Cycling Mecca, the Monte Serra, beautiful ride to the famous 11km climb to the top for panoramic vistas
Vineyard Tour and wine tasting
Open evening for exploration in Lucca, Chiesa e Battistero di San Giovanni e Santa Reparata
Daily ride distance 80k to 100k Easy riding along the river then hit the favorite climb Monte Pitoro
Tuscan farm to table cooking class with chef and paired wine flights
Breakfast and transfer to PSA for journey home
- Vineyard Tour
- Cooking Class with Toscana Chef
- Museum Tours
- Cathedral Tours
You have two payment options for our Lucca Adventure Travel – a deposit payment* (a bit over 50%) or pay in full.
Choose your preferred payment option below.
If you’d prefer to pay by check for your deposit or full trip payment please email email@example.com for details.
*The balance for your trip will be due September 10, 2017. We’ll notify you when the balance is due. You’ll have the option of paying by check or card at that time.